Monday, August 28, 2006

Vacation 2007!

Hi everyone. I think that Leah and I decided to stay in the country for our Awsome Family Vacation 2007 (money, passports, money). It seems that everyone is really open to anything so I hope everyone is ok with me just steering everyone in a different direction. I know we had considered the Carolina’s a while back, or maybe that was just me. Who knows. I’d like to find out your opinion on the Isle of Palms, South Carolina. Nurse Jackie has just gotten back from theIsle of Palms after staying in a house on the beach which is 20 min. outside of Charleston and brought back lots of brochures and good information.

Here’s the recap:

- August is “Sport Season” so the prices are slightly lower than “Summer” but not as inexpensive as “Fall”, but maybe we should consider going in August b/c of school (and I have a wedding but not sure what weekend in Sept. and have to make that work)

- Charleston is a very historical town with tours of Civil War Forts, plantation tours, ghost tours (it’s the 3rd “most haunted city” in the country), the only tea plantation in the nation (I know. It’s exciting.) and great restaurants and shopping – and Mom I’m sure there are movie theatres if that’s still on your list of things to do while laying on the beach.

- Jackie’s friends brought a boat, but I’m sure we can rent one for the week or a few days, and there’s lots of cool stuff to do with all the islands that surround Charleston. There's an entire island that is a nature preserve and Jackie saw a shark, dolpins, jelly fish, and i can't remember everything else.

A few reasons why I like the location:

- Everything above.

- We could visit Grandma Hopper and Sarah & Brian.

- We can drive – its only 12-14 hours from Chicago so that’s lots of money saved in airfare and we would have freedom while there if we had a few cars.


Jackie recommended these websites to check out homes:

islandrealty.com

visitcharleston.org

How does everyone feel about this? If anyone talks to Jason find out if he and Steph would like this. If we’re all ok with Isle of Palms can start looking for a house and get our down payment taken care of by Christmas. I think it sounds amazing and there’s something for everyone. A true beach vacation with tons of tourist activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment