Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Morning After

After mulling things over in my head last night and in an effort not to seem too crazy I have a rebuttal of a few of Leah's points:

1. Raw ground beef - I love it and I'd still be eating it if I hadn't worked at Jewel and seen those crazy butcher's behind the scenes.
6. Leah started kindergarten at 4 - she was of the legal age. At least I didn't force her to drink at 21.
7. Eating off Leah (and Becky and Jason's) plate - it was less calories when all you got were the scraps.
8. Cracking Cal up - that was a momentous occasion for me!
9. Cousin Beth's wedding - can we all just try, as in put some effort, in to forgetting that one.
11. Fart/burp - that was mean!
14. Worm in salad - hey I thought I'd hidden that one from you but I probably started running around screaming. and dumping everyone's salad in the garbage. Eeek.
15. One Life to Live - it prepared you for seduction. Leah never would have landed Eric without it.
16. Pool kiss - yeah, that was fun.
17. Burning Leah and Becky's heads - just for the record, I cried.
18. Leah's sewing lesson - after taking the summer to teach Leah how to sew she stated "Isn't it easier just to go to the store and buy a skirt?". I don't think she's sewn since.
21. The pearl necklace - I will never live that down. Again, I'm sorry. I am a bad mom/person.
23. Becky's mouthwashes - she was a tough cookie.
25. The birth of both my grandkids - again, momentous occasions! Wouldn't miss it for the world.
26. Puke and poop plunge - OHMYGOSH!! It's true and as horrible as it sounds.
28. Taking the kids to school in my robe - is it as bad as it sounds?
30. The motorcycle trip - sun and wind will do strange things to your skin.
32. Sex in the car - yes, you are always to tell your kids about sex in the car specifically so that they cannot run away. Right Tom and Scott?
34. -Leah I cannot believe you put that in a public post. Can we not do that anymore and just keep it my dirty little family secret?!! Probably the one time I wonder "why didn't I just lie?". Surely I would have been justified.
39. Cuddling with your dad in a hospital bed - I'd do it again in a heart beat.
41. Mayonnaise next to the cheese - I knew it all along. I hated it but didn't want to hurt your feelings.
42. Talking stuffed animals - what are you talking about? That was really them talking. I visit them in storage once in awhile and they still talk to me.
45. Slaves - can't remember the context of that one. Was it a song?
49. Calling out of school - hmmmm...... Yeah, I told you Becky was a tough cookie.
52. Ice cream cake - Jason always told me how much he loved it!
54. Sweaters - I'm working on Easter. :)
55. Talking - I love our conversations.

It was too much fun to think about all these memories and they prompted many others since I've slowed down to think about all this. Too much fun Leah (and Eric too I just found out)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment