Saturday, August 04, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!!

Today is Becky’s birthday and I’d like to say a word
About my middle child, in case you haven’t heard
Of just how great & fun she is, her talent & her fame,
A few of her adventures I’m gonna’ pause and name.

The time she jumped out of a plane, her dad & I did miss
When I ask if she’ll repeat for me, she says she’s now a wuss.

Or how about those cars she’s had from a T-bird to a Del Sol
But now she’s giving all them up cause biking is her goal.

She’s more in stores to buy some yarn than in the local bar
She knits with passion and she wants to be a fiber star!

She loves to cook and stir things up from soy she’ll make a treat
Just get outta’ the way when she gets hot and don’t ask her to eat meat.

Being an Aunt to Cal & Ike is something she enjoys
She waits for visits expectantly and buys them clothes & toys.

She loves her family & friends and to that circle she’s loyal
Just don’t do wrong to any of them or you’re gonna’ see her boil!

She’s so much fun to laugh with and we did till we felt pain
When I picked her up at Midway and was found in the cab lane.

She’s forgiving and forgetful and expects the same from you
She doesn’t hold the past in grudge and every day is new.

She grew up in a small hometown and camped and hiked for fun
Now city life has got her heart, a new era has begun.

So here’s to Becky at 32, my daughter and my friend,
My love and admiration of you is never going to end.
Have some fun, enjoy the day, give thanks and look around
All the good things brought your way, may this year they abound!!

I love you Beck!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment