Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Absolutly Mortified

The crappy Red Eye has been including some hilarious articles lately.

Here's today's about a new show called "Mortified" that gets regular people on stage to read their own diary entries, letters and other writings from the preteen to teenage years, showcasing a period of life when are at our most tortured and dramatic. It started in LA and has had shows in NY, Boston and San Francisco with 2 shows here in Chicago in Oct. and Dec.

This is an expert from a letter that inspired the show. It was written at the age of 16 by the creator of the show trying to get a girl to go out with him.

"He cited, amoung other things, his love for "sunsets across the water, beach volleyball, 'Calvin and Hobbes', the outdoors, classic lines and beautiful eyes."

A few more:

"Am I the only one in the world how understands Pink Floyd?"

"Words cannot describe my love affair with marijuana."

"Mom said I ate all the cookie dough when I didn't! Mom is a dork, a moron and a geek, and I hate her so much!"

Anyway, this got me laughing pretty early in the morning. Maybe its b/c if I wasn't so smart to throw all of my writings away I could join the cast - but I'd be too Mortified.

No comments:

Post a Comment