Friday, June 02, 2006

Biting Flies

Here is an email from one of the owners of a vacation rental home along with the attachment. This is a bit of a problem I think.... Paradise, in my mind, does not include biting flies.
Maybe we should consider other options, such as going early and paying the summer price.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Becky,We would need a $250 deposit 120 days prior to when you want to rent. I can also check with you first if we have anyone else request a week that month - although at this point I don't imagine we will for a while. Have you been to the area before? One thing I think I should mention - we often get biting flies that start around Labor Day and hang around for a few weeks. I don't want to discourage you from renting, but I also don't want you to get there and be unhappy. I am going to send you a really good guide to the beaches of So. Walton, which I think has lots of good information, whether you stay at our house or not. It mentions the flies in the "advice for visitors" section. I'll have to send it in a separate email. If I can answer any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Cathy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am forwarding the attachement on to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment